Thursday 29 December 2011

Tuesday 27th @ Seaham

With an early start, and the opportunity to leave the track set out for the following meeting, a great track was laid out, with ripple mats, double incl tabletop, oops section and wooden jumps. 80% carpet, 20% slippy floor.

2WD

TQ was contested by Myself (X6), Jeff (C4.1) and Paul (Durango) all night. David Pack running his new X6 showed early promise, with new car syndrome, but DNF'd twice whie on good runs, snapping while giving it large over the double.

I TQd, then Paul, then Pack, then Jeff.

Here is Pack on track with his new X-6 from Santa :

2WD Pack @ Seaham

2WD Final : A lap 1 mistake from me on the table top finished my challenge. Jeff and Paul then fought for the lead, with myself managing to recover from last to get 3rd.

1: Jeff
2: Paul
3: Me
4: Pack


4WD


My round 1 time 19 309 looked like TQ, until Jeff's late Round 4 time of 19 303, with myself improving to a 19 306.

It looked like it would be close between a lot of drivers, with Jeff, Paul, Me, and the quicker Durango of Phil Showler ahead of Pack for a change.

David Pack was subject to some Race director penalties for severe track cutting.

Here is a video of  Pack and Phil on track in qualifying:

4WD Pack & Showler @ Seaham

In the final, It was Jeff on Pole, followed by myself for most of the race.
A small mistake from myself let Jeff have a 5 second lead, however Jeff made the same mistake a few laps later, which allowed me to take the lead, and hold on for the win.

1. Me
2. Paul
3. Jeff


All in all, great racing, a really good laugh, and great promise for more great racing to come. Thanks for the tin of Quality Street from Jeff...... and for the laughs.

No comments:

Post a Comment